Weekly Sports Roundup #3 (13/02/23)
Last Weeks Roundups
- American Football: The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Eagles 35-38 to win the Super Bowl
- Soccer: Arsenal vs Brentford finished in a 1-1 draw, West Ham vs Chelsea finished in a 1-1 draw whilst Tottenham were beaten 4-1 against Leicester City
- Rugby: Ireland beat france 33-19, England beat Italy 31-14 whilst Scotland beat Wales 35-7
This week the Champions league returns on Wednesday and Tuesday night and also the Europa league on Thursday nights.
PSG vs Bayern Munich (Tuesday 14th)
- Arguably the biggest game of the week with both sides considered the favorites to win the tournament.
AC Milan vs Tottenham (Tuesday 14th)
- A victory is crucial for both clubs' morale because both are performing averagely for their domestic league.
Dortmund vs Chelsea (Wednesday 15th)
- It will be good to see how Chelsea's new signings perform in Europe. The Signal Iduna Park is a very tough stadium to play in.
Barcelona vs Manchester United (Thursday 16th)
- Both Clubs have recently been playing well. While Barcelona is in first place in La Liga and has gone undefeated in their last five games, Marcus Rashford is in the best form of his life.
Arsenal vs Manchester City (Wednesday 15th February)
- A crucial match for both clubs looking to win the league.
- City are currently three points behind Arsenal who have a game in hand.
- An injured Erling Haaland could be the decider as the forward had to come off at halftime against Aston Villa with what seemed to be a thigh injury
On Sunday 19th February it is the Basketball All Star Game
Team LeBron vs Team Giannis
- The 2023 All Star Game will be held at Vivint Arena in Salt Lake City.
- Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Zion Williamson are out of this year's All Star Game with injuries.
- Anthony Edwards, De’Aaron Fox and Pascal Siakam named All Star Reserve replacements.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is the favorite to win the All Star MVP Award.
- Team giannis have lost both times they have played Team Lebron.
After last weeks performance, Ireland look like the clear favorites to win the six nations
- However, you can't undermine Scotland's recent performances having won both of its recent games against historically very strong teams. This might be Scotland's best six nations performance ever.